In English

• 8 438

Hauptmann

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
Україна
It doesn't matter what your opinion is! As a matter of fact, the only... And I mean the only thing matters is that people are having fun in this thread. Oh, by the way... Can you smell what my wife did for dinner yesterday?
Yes, I am having great time while reading this topic. I smell fish and chips, bacon and eggs.

What we've got here is a failure to communicate, who said like this?
Cool Hand Luke

tant gredulin

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
HIFK
Was it Luke or Paul or both? Anyway, one of the Evangelists. Not Linda though :)

Brace yourself for another red hot Hollywood story: it looks like David Carradine liked sleeping with children as well! But sleeping only. This shocking revelation was brought to you by Carradine's former mistress, ex-topless bar waitress Lili Flegar, who spills the beans over her ex-lover on the latest issue of National Enquirer. She also says that David's death was not a suicide, but murder! Remember where you read it first!
Yours truly,
the Hollywood-know-it-all,
Auntie Lilah

Kulttimörkö

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
JYP ja maajoukkueet
I don't know about you guys but I'm heading to Tipsyville, Utopia. No doubt I'll crash and burn eventually but that's the way it must be.

Anyway, what's the story about Tauski recorded a cover of Haddaway's 'What Is Love' -song? That's just sacrilege!

Now to watch some Whose Line Is It Anyway clips from youtube...

Ben Marco

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
Blackhawks
It´s just another manic Monday, ooh-o-oh, wish it was a Sunday ooh-o-oh..

Laughin my ass off to that song. But hey, tadaa it worked. I´m enlivened albeit the sky is azure only beyond the citadel of clouds.

BitterX

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
HPK, FC Wacker, Punaportin vapaakaupunki
It´s just another manic Monday, ooh-o-oh, wish it was a Sunday ooh-o-oh..

Don't understand who in the world would like it to be Sunday, which is the most frustrating day of the week. On Sunday you just think about the next morning in terror and do practically nothing.

Further, Monday is a step closer to Friday, which alone makes it a better day than Sunday. Sunday is nice as long as you sleep, though.

Wishing everyone a nice week!

Bruno

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
Helsingfors IFK, NP#4, Україна
What should i do today? The weather is nice at least in Helsinki, don`t know how you have it in Jyväskylä for example. And i don`t care.
I`d like to play football, but there`s no one who want`s to join because of the rain.
But on saturday when i went fishing it started to rain even more. I didn`t care, just continued to catch the fishes. Got three perches, one pike and bream.

tant gredulin

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
HIFK
How stupid can one get? Joe Jackson, Michael's 'beloved' dad is thinking big again. And to make a quick buck, of course! He wants Michael's kids to tour. The most imaginative name the old man could come up with was 'Jackson Three'... Wow.
Hope Katharine kicks him in the groin. If there's anything to kick nowadays.

redcat

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
HIFK, SAFC, Denver Broncos, LA Kings, TB Rays
As you know those older generations they don't speak foreign languages. Or at least poorly if at all.

This one made an african-american man quiet by surprise. (Partly free translation from finnish): "Black man in New York was talking to me quite loudly. I got pissed off and I shout SET UP!!! to him and that nigga got it, he went quiet." Certainly it happened. In this very same visit he also made legendary suggestion to have a meetingpoint... "let's meet at the corner of Oneway and Donotenter."

Anyway... I'm wondering like Arthur Atkinson: Where's me washboard?

Viimeksi muokattu:

Ben Marco

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
Blackhawks
Need fosters frustration. Can´t wait for morrow to come, so we can go with mates to Mikkeli and spend the weekend beside (and on) a lake. Imagine the bathing in beautiful agony, when you´re right in the middle of the effing lake trawl-fishing and it start to fulgurate´n pouring down this gargantuan deluge!

Beats the toiling @ work, i would say :)

tant gredulin

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
HIFK
It's your Hollywood reporter Auntie Lilah again, with hot news!

Whitney Houston is ready for her come back. The legendary Clive Davis (the old guy from Arista who signed her in the first place) is guiding her through the rough spots and right past any possible bobbybrowns she might run into on her way to become a million seller again. Whitney has cocktail reception at Lincoln Jazz Center on July 21st. No cocktails for her, I suppose, because she'll do the singing.

Whitney's album will be out in September.

I'll end my report with the very appropriate quote of Frank Zappa lyrics: 'And my name is Bobby Brown, watch me now, I'm going down...'

Evil

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
Devils, HIFK, Arsenal, Athletic Club de Bilbao
I'll end my report with the very appropriate quote of Frank Zappa lyrics: 'And my name is Bobby Brown, watch me now, I'm going down...'
...and I'm a miserable son of a bitch...

I misread your post; the surname of the lady seemed like "Housuton" at first, which was nice, as it carries a certain meaning in a certain European language.

tant gredulin

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
HIFK
And an interesting language it is! But talking about the 'Housuton' - I think she is at the Hartwall Arena tonight. No pics available, though.
But Britney, Whitney, after some time they all sound the same :)

Kulttimörkö

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
JYP ja maajoukkueet
In the wake of this Apollo 11 celebration, I have gained more interest of the space program in general. I have read some articles of the so called Space Race although I must admit that I have been interested about it for years now in some extent but more so now than before. It is remarkable that there have been succesful space flights in 1960's given the techology they had at the time and even many men on the surface of the Moon who then returned safely to planet Earth, our home. Even though Apollo 13 was "the most succesful failure", I'd say that the Space Race is the main reason why most of us have computers at our homes, the internet and several other useful appliances at our disposal.

I just read the famous John F. Kennedy's speech about going to the Moon. He said, among other things, this:

"we choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

Now, my question is as follows: What did he meant by "other things" and later when he said they intend to win the race to the moon and others too? I know this may be too hard to question to answer but I've been wondering when I first saw him say that years ago when I was a child and now this question has risen again in my mind. What did he meant by it? Was it just a way to shorten his speech, was it that he could not tell the public the rest or was it simply because he did not now if the race for the Moon was the only race but guessed that there must be other races too regarding Space, the final frontier?

tant gredulin

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
HIFK
Now, my question is as follows: What did he meant by "other things" and later when he said they intend to win the race to the moon and others too?

Here's one explanation:The speech was made at a highly competitive period of time called the Cold War, and he was actually referring to the Russians. According to your quote he said that they intend to win, and others too.

U.S had a target to be the first in space. The fact that Jurij Gagarin and the Russians beat them hit the U.S. space program hard. They simply had to change the target and make it something bigger, almost like a dream: to be the first ones on the Moon. So the 'others' refer to the Russians wanting to win the space race in my opinion.

tant gredulin

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
HIFK
Well don't! There's nothing wrong with your thinking. The things we know now affect us unconsciously and makes reliable back-tracking very hard.
I, on the other hand, hold the slight advantage of actually being there in the sixties. The fact that I was a nosy and curious kid helps, too :)

Ben Marco

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
Blackhawks
Good morning comrades. I´m feeling perky and full of energy, which is a good thing considering the Hold´em get-together i´m facing with my chums @ noon.

Was thinking if today could be the day to pre-order the gem called NHL10, for the PS3..

..and now, another cup of just-brewed coffee, yummy!

Kirjaudu sisään, jos haluat vastata ketjuun. Jos sinulla ei ole vielä käyttäjätunnusta, rekisteröidy nyt! Kirjaudu / Rekisteröidy