Wallinheimo

• 2 800

Löfberg

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
Färjestad BK, Lukko Rauma
Terve!

Minä on hurri that supports Sinuhe Wallinheimos current team, Färjestad BK in Ruotsi. Unfortunately my suomi isn´t to good, so minä will take this in English.

Me(english) and a suomenhurri manage www.farjestadsbk.tk and me(suomi) are both sad to know about Wally leaving us. Therefore me(suomi) would be pleased to know about your thoughts about him. Do you look forward to seeing him in JYP?

Kiitos etukäteen!

/Janne Nilson
www.farjestadsbk.tk
janne@farjestadsbk.tk

Tj

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
Melchester Rovers
In case this isn't a so-called king idea, I'll give you some info about our thoughts of this transfer.

Generally, we JYP-fans have been very positive about Sinuhe's return to Jyväskylä. He left many MANY years ago (last season in JYP was 91-92!), went to Northern America, returned to Rauma Lukko, another SM-Liiga team and then took off to central Europe and finally Elitserien. We have been watching his progress over there excitedly, especially since Sinuhe has given interviews stating that some day he would like to make a comeback to JYP, his homeclub. And now he finally is coming back. So yes, we're very excited to have him back - it will be fun for both him and for us to see how the game has changed during his absence.

Here in Finland it somehow seems that Wallinheimo isn't getting the respect he should as the goalie of a high-level Elitserien team Färjestad, who are close of taking the Swedish championship this year. If that would happen, the local media would surely become more interested in Sinuhe.

But since it's been a such a long time since Sinuhe has played here in Finland, I'd personally like to hear some facts about his playing style - is he active with his stick opening the game, what's his blocking style, etc.

Löfberg

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue

Yah! Lukko Rauma is my favourite team in SM-Liiga!

Sinuhe Wallinheimo´s strength is his mentality, no doubt. He has been criticized and questioned by the swedish media and by his own fans! His form chart has been somewhat unstable.
But one thing is for sure, he is the man when things get tight and difficult. "Wally" has indeed saved our team several times by making marvellous and unbelieveable saves in important games. He always plays well in the play-offs which he has shown both now and last year.

He is a bit agressive, but also very full of fun. I will never forget his first agression in FBK. Björn Melin(HV) had attacked him and he just got up and stared Melin in the eyes while he broke his stick.
As you maybe know, Stefan Liv (called the Ostrich) is also full of fun. So, Sinuhe wanted to show Liv that he was the king of joking and his first comment was; "My mum makes better spaghetti than your mum does".
In matter of fact, last Thursday he did something fun. Instead of giving the puck to the referee, he placed the puck on Kalle Sahlstedt´s(former TPS) helmet.

His style is most likely the style of a turtle. He often lies on his back, trying to save the puck. His favourite is the "butterfly" because he likes to cover the ice. The disadvantage of this is that he sometimes has problems catching the puck in the upper regions. But he is fast with the catcher though.

I am very sad to se him leave. I love this smiling entertainer. Hopefully you´ll get good use of him.
There are stats at www.farjestadsbk.tk. There are also articles etc including Sinuhe. They´re all in Swedish, but I´ll be happy to translate them for you if you mail me at janne@farjestadsbk.tk. Check out the "Up Close" by my Finnish reporter, which describes his career.

/Janne Nilson
www.farjestadsbk.tk
janne@farjestadsbk.tk

Löfberg

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
I just read that the trade just was confirmed by the finnish press. Would someone like to tell me about these specific articles?

Huerzo

Jäsen
Suosikkijoukkue
Donnerwetter S.p.A.
I translated some articles. Texts bit extracted to remove unnecessary and repetitive information.

Sinuhe Wallinheimo, 32, returns home after playing abroad since 1992. During these years he has played for example in HIFK, Lukko, Revier Löwen and Färjestad. Biggest achievements were AHL Championship 1997 and a DEL-league?s best goalkeeper. At a moment Wallinheimo is playing Elitserien Final Series for Färjestad. Despite of this fact, he presented his comments regarding transfer to JYP via video.

?I have heard nothing but good things about JYP organisation. Both head and goalie coach are top level. I?ll coming back with a high working attitude and humble mind. I wish JYP would be satisfied with my performance.?

(Jatkoaika)

-?Sinuhe didn?t forget us and he declared he would some day return back to home. Now time has right and he?s having a fantastic spring season. At a moment he?s playing for Färjestad in Elitserien Final Series. Färjestad is one of the top hockey clubs in Europe and they have a power and wealth to sign a best goalkeeper they can find. And they?ve chosen ?Sinkku?, and now ?Sinkku? is coming to play for us?, said Jukka Holtari, leader of JYP scouting section of Wallinheimo?s recent transfer.

(www.jypht.fi)

Kirjaudu sisään, jos haluat vastata ketjuun. Jos sinulla ei ole vielä käyttäjätunnusta, rekisteröidy nyt! Kirjaudu / Rekisteröidy